Thursday, April 12, 2007

DCFS

Doris met with a very hostile DCFS in Peoria yesterday. They made it very clear to her that their intention was for her to have no further contact with Jonathan, ever. According to reports, Jonathan has significantly regressed in his behavior since being taken. With Doris, he was speaking in rudimentary sentences, eating, playing, and making progress despite his developmental delays. Now, he is barely eating, not speaking at all, screaming, and smashing toys.

DCFS had the gall to say "this is where he belongs". This agency, who drove Doris underground with their constant harrassment and threats of taking custody, is now using the fact that Jonathan wasn't receiving state services (a situation THEY caused) as the primary reason they are justified in keeping him from her.

Please keep Doris in your prayers today as she meets with Judge Albert Purham today at 1:30 in Peoria at the county courthouse.

On another note, I mentioned a Paypal link in a previous post. I haven't even put that up and it has already been called "scam". I am not in the scamming business. If anyone would like to donate to Doris, please email me at FriendOfDoris@gmail.com. If you are in Peoria, Doris can meet you in person. If there are enough people, I will reconsider the paypal link.

2 comments:

Grandma of 3 Angels in DCFS Custody said...

This story is so horrible!! Doris needs financial help and emotional support to be able to raise Jonathan, not some judgemental idiots pretending to know what's best for him. He must be terrified being taken from his Grandma and put with strangers. I have been praying all day, please let us know how the hearing went as soon as you can. Doris is fortunate to have such a good friend in this time of need.

Anonymous said...

FOD,
Sorry I was so brash in my previous post. I hope you don't think I'm too much of a jerk.
You've got a big heart to care so much, and my prayer is that everyone involved will, too, even those in DCFS, who have a very hard job.
Because God can do things we can't, prayer truly is the answer.